I've been in Sierra Vista, a city 20 miles of Coronado, for about a week now. I have been out on the park once. This is due to the fact that I drank juice that said "gently pasteurized." Note to everyone, "gently pasteurized" is code for "makes you wish you never had a stomach." Yup. Food poisoning. I'll spare the details, but it was miserable. So that leaves me very little to actually write about the park (national monument). Monday I had a little tour of the park. Its named after the explorer Coronado, even though Coronado himself never set foot there. Irony I know, but someone felt the need to honor him. Another thing about the park, it runs through the Huachuca Mountains. Its pronounced WA-CHEW-KA. Not HUE-WAY-SHA. The locals laugh at you if you say it like that. O, and I didn't bring my camera, so the one above is a random one I found on google, but it's accurate.
Friday, September 4, 2009
The beginning
I've been in Sierra Vista, a city 20 miles of Coronado, for about a week now. I have been out on the park once. This is due to the fact that I drank juice that said "gently pasteurized." Note to everyone, "gently pasteurized" is code for "makes you wish you never had a stomach." Yup. Food poisoning. I'll spare the details, but it was miserable. So that leaves me very little to actually write about the park (national monument). Monday I had a little tour of the park. Its named after the explorer Coronado, even though Coronado himself never set foot there. Irony I know, but someone felt the need to honor him. Another thing about the park, it runs through the Huachuca Mountains. Its pronounced WA-CHEW-KA. Not HUE-WAY-SHA. The locals laugh at you if you say it like that. O, and I didn't bring my camera, so the one above is a random one I found on google, but it's accurate.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment